- Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends on Sexaholics Anonymous unity.
- For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority – a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
- The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop lusting and become sexually sober.
- Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other groups or Sexaholics Anonymous as a whole.
- Each group has but one primary purpose; to carry its to message to the sexaholic who still suffers.
- A Sexaholics Anonymous group ought never endorse, finance, or lend the Sexaholics Anonymous name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property, and prestige divert us from our primary purpose.
- Every Sexaholics Anonymous group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
- Sexaholics Anonymous should remain forever non-professional, but our service centres may employ special workers.
- Sexaholics Anonymous, as such, ought never be organised; but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
- Sexaholics Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; hence the S.A. name ought never be drawn into public controversy.
- Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, film and TV.
- Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.
(The twelve steps of Sexaholics Anonymous are reprinted for adaptation with permission of the Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc) ©1989 Sexaholics Anonymous, SA Literature, Simi Valley CA p206-7
Quick Links: SA Central Office |Europe and Middle Eastern Region | Flanders | Ireland | Israel | Netherlands | Poland | Spain | Slovakia